Malachi House International Incorporatedis a non-profit 501(c)3 faith-based charity organization that exists to improve the quality of life for the working poor, ex-offenders, displaced workers, at-risk youth, homeless individuals and others who may be disadvantaged and living below the poverty line. The focus of the services of Malachi House International (MHI) is for low income families, working poor and homeless individuals living in Hampton Roads. The primary services of Malachi House International are to provide:
- Individuals with the tools of empowerment, including education and counseling that will assist them in obtaining and maintaining employment and housing.
- Humanitarian services to include the distribution of clothing, food in bulk, and the preparation of meals for the needy.
- MHI has developed and implemented an education program entitled (Personal Empowerment And Career Enrichment). This unique and creative program utilizes 6 components to provide job preparedness and life skills to include self-esteem/self image training tailored to meet the specific needs of each participant. Career counseling is provided to assist the target population in effectively searching and obtaining employment. Focus is placed on developing a resume, researching the job market, preparing for a job interview and other career enhancing skills.
- The Malachi House Dream Center apartment complex provides a place to stay for low/moderate income persons and there is a program home for veterans who are in transition and need a place to stay while being re-integrating back into society.
- Malachi House also provides Christian training and conducts worship services at our spirit-filled church. For further information about the Malachi House Church, please visit our church website at: www.malachilifecenter.org
Phone: 757 871-0982
P.O. Box 5902
Williamsburg, VA 23188